Basic Fire Fighting Course
Our Basic Fire Fighting and Fire Warden Training is designed to equip learners with the knowledge and necessary skills to manage and extinguish a fire in the home or office environment, using a variety of techniques covered in the course, participants will
Objectives of this training.
The purpose of this basic fire fighting training is to give participants skills, knowledge and expertise that will enable them to identify the conditions capable of causing fire, know how to use a fire extinguisher, respond appropriately to fire emergencies and follow the fire evacuation plan, adequately implement fire emergency procedures. Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Successfully extinguish fires with the use of a fire extinguisher.
- Successfully evacuate an installation on fire.
- Apply the theory of the fire triangle in preventing fires at worksites.
- Carry out a simple fire risk assessment on the premises.
- Understand and use the principles of fire suppression.
- Explain the meaning of flash point and auto ignition.
- Understand the behavior of fire during its propagation.
Those who will benefit from the training:
This basic fire fighting training course is designed for workers in the Oil & Gas, Mining, Petrochemical, Manufacturing, Chemicals procession, metallurgy and other companies having a risk of fire outbreaks.
This basic fire fighting training has a duration of 2 days With a ratio of 30% theory to 70% practical. These include classroom presentations, exercises, discussions, videos and practical fire fighting simulations. Participants will extinguish fires with the use of a fire extinguisher, they will evacuates an installation as per procedure and alert others appropriately. We can organised the training in our Cameroon office or on site upon client request
There are no pre-requisite this basic fire fighting training, however, it is recommended that participants be able to speak and write basic English.
General principles of fire safety
Combustion, fire and Oxidation, the fire triangle.
Fire Development and Propagation
The flash point
The fire curve
Classes of fire
Principle of Fire suppression.
- Fire extinguishing agents
- Chemical process of fire extinction
- Thermal Process of fire extinction
- Mechanical Process of fire extinction
- The fire extinguishers Introduction and types of extinguishers
- The use of fire extinguishers.
- Fire extinguisher, maintenance and verification.
- Alerting the fire brigade
Basic evacuation procedures
- Role of fire wardens in evacuation
- Employee’s role in evacuation
- The Company’s role in evacuation
- How to behave before evacuating premises
- Organization of an alert and evacuation.
- Mustering at the Assembly point
- Station Bill