Radio Frequency Safety Officer ( RFSO) is one who has authority to monitor & enforce the control of RF hazards and affect the knowledgeable evaluation and control of RF hazards. Meets the Motorola R56 requirement for RFSP as required by law: OSHA, FCC, Carriers, Turf Vendors, site managers, IEEE, DID state and local municipalities.
Topics for RFSO training:
- Introduction to RF sources and RF safety.
- RF generators, transmission lines, wave propagation
- Biological effects/hazards
- Standards, basis of standards/regulations
- Analytical parameters/methods for estimating RF fields
- Instrumentation, personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Elements of an RF exposure safety/protection program
- Procedures to be observed for suspected overexposures
- RF signs, alarms, barricades
- Medical implant concerns
- Electro-explosive devices
- Risk communication, risk management
- Sources of additional information